The UNC Charlotte Libraries are the center of intellectual life at UNC Charlotte, North Carolina’s urban research university, advancing the scholarly and creative endeavors of the University and the greater Charlotte community by providing exceptional collections, spaces, services, and technologies. We inspire innovation, support research, and cultivate scholarship by connecting people, ideas, and resources.
The UNC Charlotte Libraries will assume a welcoming, accessible, and constantly evolving role in the scholarly, cultural, aesthetic, and social development of the UNC Charlotte community. We will assist the campus in realizing its commitments to its constituents by developing innovative approaches to promote critical thinking, success, and lifelong learning. We will focus on the needs of our users and constantly improve all aspects of our operations, including collections, resources, services, facilities, technologies, and staffing. Our faculty and staff will lead pioneering initiatives in librarianship. We will be recognized by students, faculty, staff, and the community as the intellectual heart of UNC Charlotte. We will facilitate discovery, spark creativity, and fuel innovation through well-trained and engaged faculty and staff, state of the art technologies, unique and regional collections, diverse collaborations, inspiring spaces, and world-class service.
- Access: We strive to provide effective, efficient, and permanent access to the library’s resources while embracing the principles of open access, fair use, and intellectual freedom.
- Collaboration: We engage in meaningful partnerships both internally and externally.
- Innovation: We foster a climate that encourages creativity, experimentation, and adaptability.
- Integrity: We are strong advocates for honesty, transparency, accountability, and openness.
- Respect: We create a safe and supportive environment that honors the library’s diverse constituencies and employees.
- Service: We are dedicated to excellence in customer service.