Discover Scholarly Journals, Stay Current in Your Reading
The library is sponsoring BrowZine, a new service used by hundreds of institutions around the world that allows you to browse, read and follow thousands of the library’s scholarly journals available at browzine.com or from your Android and iOS mobile devices. Built to compliment your searching needs, BrowZine provides a great mechanism to keep track of your favorite journals and to learn about the new developments in your field. It also can allow you to easily see similar titles to the ones you are familiar with in order to broaden your knowledge of related scholarly literature.
With BrowZine, you can:
- Browse and read journals: Browse journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles
- Use the durable linking capability of browzine.com to easily link to specific “shelves” in BrowZine from Canvas/Moodle to help guide students to complete assignments, such as familiarizing themselves with journals in their field and writing a summary article or research paper about the material they find.
In the mobile app, you can create a personal experience as well:
- Create your own bookshelf: Add journals to your personal bookshelf and be notified when new articles are published
- Save and export articles: Save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, EndNote, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more
To learn more and get started using BrowZine:
1. Watch this short introduction: https://vimeo.com/52663192
2. Visit our guide: http://guides.library.uncc.edu/browzine
3. Attend a workshop: https://library.uncc.edu/calendar/month/2016-09